As a wedding entertainer, my job allows me to travel all over and perform at some of the most beautiful venues! So today, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite venues, big and small. (Click the venue name to be taken to it’s website!) In no particular order:
1. Belle Mer Location: Newport, RI Look: Contemporary, elegant, sophisticated Capacity: 1000 guests for Water Salon and Ocean Lawn Great for: Uplighting! (the Water Salon is all white!)
2. Fairmont Copley Plaza Location: Boston, MA Look: Exquisite, romantic, opulent Capacity: 1100 guests in the Grand Ballroom Great for: Large weddings that want an over-the-top, grand look
3. The Villa Location: East Bridgewater, MA Look: Warm, intimate, modern Capacity: about 280 Great for: Smaller weddings that want a warm, inviting feel
4. Boston Public Library Location: Boston, MA Look: Classic, historic, unique Capacity: between 220-350 Great for: A great setting for bibliophiles! And a beautiful location for photographs
5. Cafe Escadrille Location: Burlington, MA Look: Charming, inviting, beautiful Capacity: 1000 Great for: Flexibility; if your wedding timeline is different from a traditional one, the staff is understanding, helpful, and professional when catering to your wants and needs.
6. Cruiseport Gloucester Location: Gloucester, MA Look: Spacious, stylish, modern Capacity: 320 Great for: Personalization; The ballroom is great; Because of it’s size and minimal decor, it can be used as a blank slate to do whatever you’d like with it, whether it’s uplighting, screens, draping, etc.